8 veganism
went vegetarian about 18 after
hearing all the hype from my friends about turning veggie coz all the cool punk bands were singing about it & most of
them all fell down after about 2 weeks cuz they were drawn back into eating
flesh by the deadly ‘bacon butty’ weak, I thought of them – so bloody weak
& prone to the frivolities of fashion – I wasn’t gonna be so obvious &
caught up in their inadequacies, not me – I had/have stronger moral fibre! I
saw our punk fashion for what it was – a fashion! I saw the veggie craze for
what it was the next thing bands found to sing about, rather than state
oppression, anarchy (whatever that actually was) or police or hate or fascism
or whatevs…..i looked into the maelstrom of the conflicting shite that we were
meant to be against – nuclear power, war, death, state control, etc etc.
vegetarianism? HMMMMMM THAT LOOKED TO ME LIKE IT ACTUALLY WAS SOMETHING I COULD
ACTUALLY REALLY CHANGE & IT WOULD HAVE A RESULKT, everything else was just fucken hot air!
Seriously, so I listened to the songs conflict – featured a lot here, Berkshire cunt, ,,,,their 1st album…flux of
pink Indians etc, but more so conflict cuz I didn’t have ant flux records my
cousin gary
did. But2 songs……stuff on your plate, they don’t tell you of thei killing…etc
your blood their blood serves the same………..yep I’m gonna go vegetarian. Did it.
Never ever gone back. Took me 2 or 3 yaers to go vegan & I faltered during
art course back to veggie & back to vegan in 1998…thru to 2012. = 14
that’s all so far x
No comments:
Post a Comment