Pages

Sunday, 10 February 2013

bands



7 bands

uh huh, punk rock! I want to be a punk rocker (the ramones!) oh yeah! So I needed to play a guitar! Only one around was an acoustic guitar, was my bruv andi’s, which he couldn’t get into – I did tho. I couldn’t play it. So what! If I hit it enough a sound came out of it, & wow, if I moved my fingers then the noise would change a bit. And as I continued – cuz I wanted to, not cuz anyone told me to….everyday, every minute, every fucken second I could I’d play it. At school, in my class, and a friend, tub (toby) told me about using 2 fingers to make a chord…so that’s when I progressed to 2 fingers – index and 3rd (ring) finger to make a bar chord! Christ, what a mega fucken sound! Listened to anarchy in the uk & played along to it. Next was mongoloid by devo – tub gave me inspiration & said where the changes were – so I could play that one too. As well as deep purple, smoke on the water – cuz it was a classic (ha ha ha didn’t hear the original til about 20 years alter) same as to wild thing – jimi Hendrix, or all that stuff. Did no government by punk band. (insert name later) but I also learnt peaches by stranglers and warhead by uk subs & various other stuff.

Learnt to do clash’s johhy comes marching home & muted/dampened down chordage by visiting French people – friends related to all our france holidays! . learnt Aminor chord from Linton house adolescent unit (a part of highroyds hospital in menston – a mental house – psychiatric hospital – I went to at 15 half & broken out of at on my 16th birthday by family!~) learnt house of the rising sun by the animals – from a nice-ish social worker! Awesome! Song! Lolz on the !!!!!!!!

One day in my bedroom, me & rick & geoff? Used to listen to the jam & exploited all the time there. Stu & tom Kincaid called & asked me to join their band. So I did as the guitarist. There was chris little as guitarist too – but he never turned up – so it was just me really. We practiced in tom,s bedroom, my amp (borrowed) stu’s amp. Tome drum kit – he was an awesome drummer. And zippy, john, paul & others in the crowd…ha ha ha beware the demonoid! Video, times run out. We were so into it – so naïve but we really meant it.

Man, ive forgotten the school connextion, way before linton house, after detention I used to run up to the music room, tub on guitar? On bass & Trevor? Black dude – terry?, Trevor francis possibly on drums & I’d rip off my constricting school clothes to scream ‘iam am an anti-christ, I am an antichrist’ into the microphone….oh yes good days….merely a few days before I got expelled for good from high school. Why did I get expelled – well a combination of long time flaunting their authoritarian rules And sheer bloody stupidness.

So anyway I got gary, my cousin to join our band, cuz I was working with his father on a building site. He joined & we were a fully fledged band.
Our 1st name was ‘virus vengeful & the evil dogmen’ but another band was called virus. So we went to the dictionary & chose pagan – as it was anti xtian & idols was tagged on – as there was another band called the pagans….lol & that’s all so far – god this is so slowwwww & confusing! So we became the pagan idols

No comments:

Post a Comment