3Early days
so ive revealed the dark secrets
that formed my forename…..my surname, well that too has hidden depths…lol not
really. Family name = shaw. Old English it means a wood, collection of trees.
In fact when I was doing an ill-fated PGCE aRt teaching course (based at
wetherby?lol) I went to a Pudsey school called Crawshaw – which olde English
meaning is wood of crows or crow wood. Fascinating huh? I think the welh
equivalent (without the use of the internet or search engines – I stress to
add…just mine own addled brian – er, brain…Cwmbran (an area of or near Newport.
South wales) means crows wood – possibly [yes I will use the internet &
various search engines to not make myself look a total wally! At a later time].
Anyway Ian Shaw is what I was given
– to welcome the world. By 14 I’d become yan shaw. At a later date I became yan
tree! Funny old world. I’d chosen a name that was European yet also the same as
what it was before but still it seemed more punk rock than before….oh have I
mentioned pun k rock yet? Ha ha ha
Oh gotta go back to the naming chap
cuz I just remembered another bit of my story. Laters…. Right, done the Phil
bit, he may crop up later….depends how far I peel off my layers of history.
Right im in a bit of a quandary now coz I don’t really know how to begin this.
Yes, ok ive done an intro, ive done a brief ‘naming’ bit but really where
should I start? As I cant actually remember much of my childhood. I guess it
was usual & generally happy – may ask my parents & brothers if they have
any info & maybe friends too – if they are able to share any info.
So, what can I remember from my
childhood? Vague memories filter through of primary school – IrelAND WOOD
primary school. And playing with friends from my street – lol sound so working class!
Tbf my mom & dad were from staunchly working class backgrounds – they
worked themselves & us, into middle class suburbia of local city of Leeds. I don’t know much
about their existence upon the planet to be honest. And parents are so very
important! So I’m gonna send a text to my mum asking about her life & her
family & her upbringing. & the same to my dad! Will get back to my
childhood eventually but now feel my parents lives are/were way more important
to my current ramblings – I mean who were my grandparents, what did they do –
what were thneir school experiences, they had to live through various
explosives times!
like this - my grandma (r.i.p. :
awesome! my mate Siobhan lived in the same street as this photo or very close anyways, funny huh)
like this - my grandma (r.i.p. :
awesome! my mate Siobhan lived in the same street as this photo or very close anyways, funny huh)
Man, this is an awesome topic. Do I
care if it gets published, no. its just a mad wild project that will mean
something to me – not caring for anything else. Truly! So, sent the text to my
mum – will update as & when possible!
Oh my fucking goddess – just
realised that, true ive made many friends in my life but holy evil batman! Ive
made a lot of enemies too! Not thru trying tbf just by happenstance methinx. Oh
sorry, if you hate me & you read this (as if!) or you read this & then
decide you hate me – oh well, such is life & shit. I’ve done many bad
fucking evil shit-fucked up bastarding things in my life – many I bitterly regret!
Wishing they’d never ever happened but they did & they’ve left an impression on me to the person I am today. No matter how little or slight or how
big or huge the good/bad discretion – its all made an impression on me. Just to
let you know. If you're one of the people who feel I’ve fucked over – not
that you’ll ever read this – satan I’m not that egotistic to imagine you
will! But in some parallel universe you could – so if youre in that parallel
universe – im mega fucking sorry dude! I am/was such a fucking stupid idiot
& I regret everything. Really I do! I’ve never ever wanted to cause harm,
hurt or suffering to anyone or anything on this planet – universe –
cosmological wilderness – we all share! SORRY!
Just gonna shoot to the bad chapter!
From what I, personally, can remember!


No comments:
Post a Comment